Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Review on Ardell Brow Sculpting gel

About one or two weeks ago, I spotted the Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel at my local Winners for $3.99. Since I have been eyeing it for a long time, I didn't hesitate to grab it.

So far I've tried it twice. After applying the gel, my brows still remained soft to the touch. It was more tamed but I wasn't able to fix everything. The scent was a light
fruity smell, which was pleasant and not overwhelming at all. However, this weekend when I was reaching for it again, I spotted something weird. The gel around the wand was a bit cloudy (see pictures). From having a lot of experience with bacteria cultures (I was a teacher assistant for several university microbiology courses), I immediately became worried. It really look like contamination to me. Now I am scared to use this cloudy gel. I'm tempted to contact Ardell and ask about this. When I googled, I found out that some people have had their clear brow gels turning muddy and yucky with the use of brow liners. However, I didn't apply any colors to my brows so what changed the gel appearance was from storing or using it.
To use it, you have to twist the want several times before pulling the brushes through a tight opening. Similarly, when you insert the used wand back to the tube, you need to twist the brushes through the unused gels. I found this quite unsanitary. I was hoping the product would contain anti-bacterial ingredients to fight off the bacteria naturally living on our face. However, either it's not doing its job or this is just unavoidable due to the design of the applicator.

So again, this is the after images:










Verdit
: 3/5

Conclusion:
It is a nice brow gel but due to high chance of contaminating it by re-dipping the used wand back into the gel, I will not purchase again. In fact, I think I would look into buying brow gel that doesn't use a wand applicator like this.

No comments: