Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lip Balm Marathon Review #2

As I mentioned in my first lip balm review, I have gone through many many lip balm products due to my constantly chapped and I mean SEVERELY chapped lips. Especially during winter when it's very dry, my lips will just go through cycles of drying, chapping, peeling and healing. Sometimes I thought my lips were back to normal, then the next day the nightmare begins again. Not to mention, the intense peeling process which involves my lips changing skins completely! It was not a pretty skins.

If you want to see lip balm products that I love, please see my first reviews. Starting now, I will focus on the remaining strays that I tried now and then. Two lip balms are being reviewed in this post: Nivea Soothing Care and the Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm. 

So here you go...


Nivea Soothing Care
  • Product info
    • 4.8g
    • formulated with natural ingredients bisabol and wheat germ oil help support the lips’ natural moisturization process and protect them before they crack
    • Ingredients: Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Castor Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Panthenol, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Glycerin, Carnauba Wax, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Shea Butter, Jojoba Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Grape Seed Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Beeswax, Corn Oil, Water, BHT, Fragrance, Beta-Carotene.
  • Pros
  • Cons
    • fairly little fragrance (cons or pros, you decide).  But in combination with the super waxy consistency, it has a bland taste/feeling.  I learnt to tolerate the waxy-tasteless feeling so it was bearble now.  If I have to choose between sweet fruity flavour, I would rather have fragrance free.
    • not really soothing...unless you consider the waxy feeling soothing. 
    • a bit sticky and thick...err...lip balms aren't supposed to be sticky at all
  • Score: 3/5
Blistex Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm
  • Product Info
    • Roller ball application that delivers liquid balm as it glides over your lips
    • "Soothing Splash bathes your lips in cool moisture for a great lip feel you will notice immediately. The advanced liquid formula is infused with a deep penetrating moisturizer."
  • Pros
    • offers UV protection (SPF 15)
  • Cons
    • For some odd reason, the liquid balm seems to be absorbed into my mouth, leaving a bitter taste every time I put it on.  Doesn't matter how little and careful I applied, this always happen.  This scares me a little so I refused to use this lip balm anymore.  Indeed it is deep penetrating but it is beyond control
    • Barely coat your lips.  Not moisturizing at all.  As it disappeared quickly from your lips, I can't really tell if there is any effects from using this.  
  • Score: 1/5 (yes I hate this)
These are the current updates of my lip balm experience. There are many more brands and balms that I've tried in the past.  But the memories are so distant and far away.  I'm going to have to ponder about those before I reviewed them.  So another time...

      No comments: