Thursday, August 19, 2010

My First Trip to Disney World

The 2 weekends ago I went to Disney World in Orlando, FL with my sister and our 2 best friends.  I always thought that I should make a trip to Disney before I get too old and loose my interest in cute things.  Needless to say, I was really happy that we decided to go to Disney.

We ended up going to Epcot instead of Magic Kingdom.  It was fun but I wish there were more Disney related things.  My next travel wish list will definitely be Magic Kingdom or maybe Japan Disneyland.

Just thought I'll share some photos of the trip.  The weather in Florida is SOOOO humid and hot, much like how it was in Taiwan. 

On our first day...
we went to Daytona Beach, Universal Studio City Walk and Downtown Disney. It was raining for the whole weekend so our trip at the beach was very memorable (sarcastically speaking).  For some reason, we all left our swim suits at the hotel.  It started pouring heavily minutes after we got out of the car at Daytona beach, so our original idea to just walk into the water with our shorts was put to a halt.  Not only that, we managed to get our rental car stuck in the soft sand.  Since it took us an hour to get there, we felt so silly & shameful that we didn't actually swim in the water.  We managed to at least get our feet wet.  Other than that....well...the salad bar @ Ruby Tuesday in Daytona Beach was great! 


We spent the rest of the first day at Universal city walk and the night at Downtown Disney.

We were all super tired by the end of the day.  But I was really excited with my first encounter of Disney stuffs.  The Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney was in reality a Disney shopping mall masked successfully into a theme park like area for shopping and dining.  But I can't deny how excited I was when I stepped into those stores. 

We had a late night dinner after our visit to the Pleasure Island.  We were really hungry and finally settled with Pizzeria Uno nearby.  The food was so so and the wait at the table was quite long.  The decoration was close to 80s family restaurant style.




On our second day...
Trip to Epcot! Or shall I say, a mini world expo?  Except the first few exhibitions about space, future and technology, the remaining attractions were show-casing various countries, including Mexico, Morocco, Germany, Italy and Japan.

Japan

Morocco

Italy

Germany

Norway

Mexico

Among these, Mexico pavilion is my favorite. When you walk into the pavilion pyramid building, the scene changed completely into a night market.  It was just unbelievable.  The indoor was transformed into a beauty scene.  It felt like I was actually outside on the Mexican streets.

I also like the rides in Mexico and Norway, which is probably the most thrilling ride in Epcot.  You have to bare in mind that these Epcot attractions and rides are meant for kids and education, so they are NOT roller coaster rides. 

We left Epcot and had dinner at Olive Garden.  The food was really yummy.  The four of us shared two entrees, two soups, salad and an appetizer platter.  There was way too much food.  The chef was really nice.  The entrees were into halves and served on separate dishes.  The garlic bread sticks were also to-die-for.



On our third day...
We only had half a day, so we decided to do some shopping.  There were 2 outlets beside our hotel: Orlando Premium and Prime outlet.  Surprisingly I didn't find anything that I NEED to buy.  Grr...I was so hoping that I would have those shopping spree impulses but I ended up only with an Adidas work out pants for my dear bf.  However, I did come across a Konad booth and had a little demo done on my nail.  It was really cool how the lady did a pretty design in such a short time.  The price was similar to retail so I thought I'll just get it online when I come back to Canada. 

While we were waiting at the Charlotte airport (as we didn't take a direct flight back to Buffalo), we saw this fried chicken food court booth with a line up.  One of the girl actually heard from her coworker about an amazing fried chicken place at that airport.  We figured it must be the one in front of us.  So we ordered some to try.  The name is Bojangles.  Apparently it's a franchise restaurant in US.  I have to say, their chicken IS really good...very crispy but not over-breaded nor too oily.  Definitely 10x better than KFC.

Sorry~ By the time I remember to take a picture, we already ate some. 

I just can't believe that our trip was over so fast.  AND I can't believe that I did not find Peas-in-a-pod stuff animals during this trip.  I just can't believe it.  Grrrr....back to the local Disney Store, I search~

On a side note, I did buy these from Target during the trip.  A mini haul?  Barely....Ha~ On my last few trips to USA, I have been searching for the EOS sphere lip balms.  Still couldn't find any @ Target, CVS and Rite Aid.  Sigh....

No comments: