Monday, August 16, 2010

Crafty bridal shower idea

For my sister's bridal shower, the three bridesmaids decided to create uniforms for the four of us to wear.  So once the ideas were formed, the currently unemployed crafty person, which is me, was put to work under pressure.  We saw these super cute "Thing" shirts during the out-of-town bridal shower getaway trip at Orlando, FL.  Remember those creates called Thing One and Thing Two from Dr. Seuss' Cat in the Hat book?

What some creative dude at Universal Studio made these into four Thing shirts.
We thought it was the perfect shirts to have. So....I was put to work. I bought some normal tees from Michaels and used fabric paint to draw these adorable "thing" bubbles on each shirt.  They turned out to be pretty cool when you look at all 4 shirts today.  Noticed how the Bride-to-be has a little crown on her "thing 1" shirt? 
 
And we didn't just let the idea stopped here.  We decided to do a makeover for all four shirts.  Although the makeover was a lot harder than I imaged and I would say some shirts didn't turn out as I want, it was definitely fun. 

Of the four shirt, I like the makeover on the Thing One shirt the most.  It was more elegant and wearable than the other 3.  Consider I was given a short notice, I would say this is still a job well done.

No comments: