Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Review: Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey body lotion


According to Burt's Bees....

This naturally mourishing lightweight lotion feeds your skin with milk to soften, and honey, a natural humectant, to deeply moisturize.  It's enriched with vitamin E to soothe and emollient coconut oil and beeswax to retain skin's moisture.  Long-lasting, nourishing moisture for naturally soft, smooth, and healthy skin.  It is 98.3% Natural and paraben free. 

Ingredients: water, sunflower seed oil, glycerin, coconut oil, stearic acid, beeswax, fragrance, non-fat dry milk, honey, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sweet orange peel wax, rosemary leaf extract, tocopherol, beta-carotene, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, sodium borate, soybean oil, canola oil, vegetable oil, lactoperoxidase, glucose oxidase, benzyl benzoate, limonene, linalool, coumarin, butylphenyl methylpropiona. 

What I found...
The product I reviewed is actually the sample version found in their travel pack.  
To be honest, I was disgusted by the smell of this lotion.  The color of this lotion is a light beige color, which reminds me of foundation or tinted moisturizer.  However, the color disappeared once it was rubbed onto the skins. 
 
Pros
  • Moisturizing effect is not bad. 
  • Absorption is fast.
Cons
  • Weird fragrance smell is way too strong for me.  It smells a bit like coconut mixed with some chemicals.  Actually I HATE IT~
  • Watery when you first applied for about 20-30 second.  The lotion then gets abosrbed, leaving a slight oily feeling.
  • Doesn't give your skin a smooth feeling.  I'm sorry, but when I touched my hands, there is a strong resistent feeling that prevents my hand from gliding across.  About 2 hours after the application, the resistent feeling was gone and my hands DID become soft and smooth to the touch.
  • A bit pricey.  Full size Cdn $15 for 8oz (236mL).
Score: 2 out of 5

Overall: To me, the smell of this lotion outweighs any benefit it offers.  I tried using this lotion a few times but still can't bring myself to like it.  I wouldn't buy this again nor recommend people to buy the full size product without testing this first.  Sorry Burt's Bees, this lotion is just not for me.

No comments: