Monday, July 26, 2010

Polymer Clay Nail Arts

Lately, it seems like these clay nail art decoration has become more and more popular.  After my initial encounter where I decided to order some, I've started to notice fellow makeup lovers mentioning these on their blogs.  This weekend, I finally had some time and tools to play around with these yummy looking clay sticks.

I got 10 different designs of fruit slices.  They come in a 5cm stick so I had to slice these up thinly myself.  It took some practice and I did create some failures along the way.  However I totally enjoy the process and final look.

"Yeah~ we are the failures", says these half slices....

To add some spice, I psedo-randomly placed a few slices on some fingernails.  I think having the same design on every single nail will be slightly boring and not so pretty.  I have tried two methods to put these on.  1) place slices on top coat then seal again with another top coat layer.  2) Use nail glue and as an option, seal with top coat. 

Check out below for my yummy fruity nails. 


I still can't decide which method works best as I had fall out within a day or two.  These "incidents" occurred when I washed my hair, went to a Jack & Jill party, violently (haha) flipping through some stuffs in a drawer and mysteriously throughout the days.  I was really keen on maintaining these so I kept on applying new slices back.  For their short lifespan, they received lots of love and fulfilled their duties well.  

After more practice, I will do a more detailed post on these cute little nail deco.

No comments: