Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Earthquake in Ontario!?

I can't believe there was a noticeable earthquake in the Toronto area.  I was sitting at work when I suddenly feel like I was swirling.  At first I thought it was my imagination, then I wonder about the construction next to the building.  It was when I looked the water in my kettle, I realized "hey!  The ground is shaking for real."  Coming from Taiwan, I had been through many much scary earthquakes.  However this just surprised me.  From the number of years I've lived in Canada, I don't really remember going through any noticeable earthquakes.

The EarthquakesCanada main index is still down at the moment, assuming it's from the sudden spike of traffic.  However the US Geological Survey has reported the Ontario-Quebec border earthquake with an index of 5.5!  The surrounding cities had an lower index so many people didn't feel the earthquake.
I just feel so excited for some reason.  Anyways, back to work now.

No comments: